Since the early periods of human civilisation, flowers have been used in multiple ways to decorate the settings for any event. Be it a religious festival, a social occasion or a formal gathering; flowers have become an integral part of every moment when people have come together to celebrate. Different cultures have used flowers in different ways, and today we have a variety of flower decoration ideas for home at our disposal. Flowers are not just the items of decoration, but they also trigger various positive emotions and feelings inside us that help to make an event more joyful and memorable.
In this article, we will explore the importance of flowers in decorating for any event in our homes.
A melange of bright colours can make a festival or event stand out, and flowers are one of the best ways to make that happen. Be it a particular shade or a vivid contrast; different colours can affect our moods in different ways and brighten up space with a touch of joy. Colours often have a cultural significance and in many cases, can trigger specific memories in us. Some of the significance of floral colours are mentioned below.
- Colours like red, yellow and orange can bring about the warm touch of excitement and are ideal for using in any room decoration with flowers during a joyful event.
- To bring a touch of calmness and serenity in the environment, use flowers of blue, violet and green shades.
In many cases, certain festivals are associated with specific colours and flowers of those shades are one of the best methods to decorate the venue in the right manner.
The fragrance of flowers is another important aspect that can make an occasion special. Many flower decorations for home come with blossoms like roses, lilies and gardenias that have fascinating fragrances. Various researchers have pointed out that floral fragrances can affect our moods and behaviour from a subconscious level. The human sense of smell often works in mysterious ways, and a fragrant flower arrangement delivery for an event can be used to evoke positive feelings and enhance the sense of happiness in individuals. This is a major reason that floral fragrances form an important part of aromatherapy. Here are a few ways such smells can affect our mind.
- The smell of flowers can enhance sleep quality and lead to positive dreams.
- It can relieve symptoms of stress and help people to relax.
- Floral smells can even bring a positive change in blood sugar levels.
With the right use of creativity and imagination, an arrangement of flowers can transform a venue or a room into a totally different world. The arrangement of the right centrepieces and the wall decors can bring about a touch of splendour in the ambience. The tables can be decorated with the kind of flowers that will match with the food that will be served in the party. Contrasting colours and mixing blossoms of different shapes can enhance the overall effect of any floral arrangement in a room.
Here are a few examples of using floral décor for crafting the perfect setting for a particular event.
- For a wedding event or an anniversary party, the tables can be arranged by placing candles on a bed of warm coloured blossoms. Roses placed in tall glass vessels can also provide the idea of dining under a floral décor.
- For a party with a casual theme, using simple meadow flowers in small glass containers can set the right mood.
- For an official event, it is best to choose a neutral theme and arrange flowers like tulips in multiple vases.
Flowers are a wonderful creation of nature, and we can use their beauty and elegance to our advantage and decorate the stage perfectly for any event.